The introduction of SSH Agent Forwarding support in PR #121 results in Warden now requiring Docker Desktop 22.214.171.124 or later for macOS clients. Please upgrade Docker Desktop prior to upgrading to the latest Warden release to avoid errors relating to unauthorized mounts.
- Added MySQL 5.6 and 5.7 images to Quay repository for use with Warden environments
- Added support for Integration, Unit and API Tests leveraging a
MySQL 5.7container running on
tempfsmemory disk (#115 by @lbajsarowicz)
WARDEN_ALLUREsetting to control Allure separately from Selenium for use reporting on Integration and Unit tests (#117 by @lbajsarowicz)
- Added ssh agent forwarding support on both macOS and Linux hosts (#121 by @davidalger)
- Updated entrypoint in php-fpm images to support mounting PEM files into
- Updated config for Mutagen sync to exclude large files (*.sql, *.gz, *.zip, *.bz2) from sync sessions
- Fixed issue where
WARDEN_ENV_NAMEwould results in
0.0.0.0being used in
extra_hostspassed to containers
- Fixed race condition caused by docker-compose starting two containers with identical mounts simultaneously (issue #110)
- Fixed issue with incorrect network name reference when uppercase characters are present in
- Fixed issue where Mutagen sync autostart would attempt to start when php-fpm container was not running (ex: when executing
warden env up -d dbto start only the db service)
If you’re upgrading from version 0.2.x to 0.3.x for the first time, please reference upgrade notes for Warden 0.3.0 and plan accordingly.
- Fixed issue where
env startwould exit with an error on env types not using Mutagen sessions
- Fixed issue where
env stopwould exit with an error on env types not using Mutagen sessions
The fix for issue #65 required removing the
warden network from each environment’s services (see commit 36cb0174) and as a result environments referencing the
warden network in per-project
.warden/*.yml configuration files may need to be updated for compatibility with Warden 0.3.0.
Should you see an error like the following when running
warden env ... then this applies to you:
ERROR: Service "nginx" uses an undefined network "warden"
To resolve this issue, simply remove the following from each service defined in
.warden/*.yml files on the project similar to what was done in commit 36cb0174 on the base environment definitions:
networks: - warden - default
- Updated to no longer connect environment containers to
wardennetwork and instead peer
tunnelcontainers with each project when it is started (issue #65)
- Added automatic start of Mutagen sync on
env startwhen sync is not connected (issue #90)
- Added automatic stop of Mutagen sync on
env stop(issue #90)
- Updated routing rules so Traefik will now by default route both example.com and *.example.com to application (#111 by davidalger)
- Updated environment path (
WARDEN_ENV_PATHin scripts) to use physical vs logical current working directory to resolve issues with using symlinked file paths (issue #101)
- Removed confusingly quoted placeholder values related to Blackfire from env file generated by
- Removed timeout for Selenium Hub, increased timeout for MFTF’s
command.phpendpoint to 10 minutes (#107 by lbajsarowicz)
- Fixed issue where
warden sync startwould infinitely wait when Mutagen encountered an error (#100 by Lunaetic)
setup:db:statusto report clean (2.3.4 and later) (issue #89)
- Updated sign-certificates command to specify “O” value and “extendedKeyUsage” to comply with stricter SSL guidelines (issue #85)
- Fixed missing CN value on CA used to sign SSL certificates (issue #85)
If you’re upgrading from version 0.1.x to 0.2.x for the first time, please reference upgrade notes for Warden 0.2.0 and plan accordingly.
- Added support for using
~/.warden/.envto configure aspects of Global Services (see docs for details) (issue #13)
sync startto no longer call
mutagen daemon startas Mutagen now does this automatically.
warden installto include short hostname in the common name used when signing the Root CA used by Warden allowing easier identification and interoperability when a single user is running Warden across multiple workstations.
As mentioned below this release of Warden brings with it an update to Traefik 2.1. The v2 line of Traefik completely overhauled the labelling system used to define routes. It also opens the door to new possibilities. All labeling on built-in environment configurations has been updated for compatibility with new versions of Traefik. However, this is a breaking change in the two following scenarios:
localenvironment type is being used. When
localenv type is used, all config is contained in the project’s
.warden/directory and routes setup via labels on the custom containers will naturally need to be updated.
- Projects using custom labels applied via override files such as
.warden/warden-env.ymlmay need to be updated.
Please reference the updated base environment definitions for examples of how to update the labels on custom definitions.
laravel.conf in custom configuration within
.warden directory must update their configuration to reference the generic
application.conf instead as the file was renamed in the Nginx image for re-use in the future on additional environment types.
Docker images have all been re-located and/or mirrored to Quay with all built-in environment types having been updated to reference the images at the new location. Images currently on Docker Hub will remain available in order to preserve functionality of Warden 0.1.x release line, but will no longer be updated and compatibility with all functionality in Warden 0.2.0 is not guaranteed. Where these images are referenced in per-project configuration within the
.warden directory, it is strongly suggested these references be updated to use images at the new locations:
- Added native support for multi-domain projects without requiring per-project routing configuration. This is accomplished using wildcard rules in the new Traefik labeling configuration allowing Warden to automatically route any sub-domain of the
.envto the nginx and/or varnish container for handling by the application.
warden debugcommand which launches user into Xdebug enabled
php-debugcontainer for debugging CLI based workflows (issue #33; #35 by molotovbliss)
- Added labels to
magento2environment to support use of Live Reload via an injected JS snippet in the site header or footer (issue #62)
WARDEN_ENV_NAMEas prefix to each container hostname in compose configs (issue #29)
BYPASS_VARNISHflag which when set in project
.envfile will cause Traefik to route requests directly to
nginxcontainer rather than
laravelenvironment type to support local development of Laravel based applications (issue #60)
- Added Allure reporting support to Selenium setup for MFTF (#69 by lbajsarowicz)
- Updated Traefik container and configuration to deploy Traefik 2.1; this is a potentially breaking change as Traefik v2 overhauled the labeling used to auto-configure routing on containers. All labeling on built-in environment configurations has been updated, but where labels are used to configure Traefik in per-project configuration files such as in
.warden/warden-env.ymlthe project may require a coordinated update to labeling for continued interoperability of the customizations with Warden 0.2.0+
- Updated Mutagen usage to rely on new commands and configuration in Mutagen 0.10+ (Warden will now throw an error if you attempt to start a sync and have a version of Mutagen older than 0.10.3 installed)
- Updated configuration setup for SSH tunnel container so it will automatically re-instate the needed configuration (if missing) when running
restartto mitigate issue caused by macOS Catalina updates wiping out customizations to
env-initcommand to include default values for available variables in the project’s
.envmaking customization a bit easier (issue #32)
- Updated default Elasticsearch version for
magento2environments from 5.4 to 6.8 (issue #66)
- Updated Selenium setup for MFTF to use hub and headless nodes by default (issue #67; #68 by lbajsarowicz)
- Updated environment templates to pass
php-debugfor use in documented install routine (issue #42)
- Updated default PHP version for
magento2environments from 7.2 to 7.3 (issue #75)
- Updated default Varnish version for
magento2environments from 4.1 to 6.0 (LTS)
laravel.confin nginx image to generic
- Updated defaults for nginx on
magento2environments to be set in the docker env vs built into the nginx image; the image now defaults to loading the generic
- Fixed broken incorrect Blackfire environment template name for magento1 env type (issue #48)
- Fixed inability to get help content specific to env sub-commands using
warden env <command> -h
- Fixed issue breaking SSH tunnel as used for port-forwards.
- Pinned image for Traefik to use
traefik:latestto resolve issues caused by Traefik 2.0 having breaking changes in the configuration API
NODE_VERSIONenvironment variable to specify which version of NodeJS to install in FPM images during container startup (by default v10 is now pre-installed in
mage2-fpmimages at the time of this release; latest images must be pulled from Docker Hub for this to work).
- Fixed issue where if sub-directory included a relative symlink pointing
.envat parent project’s
docker-composecould be specified incorrectly when running warden from within the given sub-directory.
- All published ports now listen on
127.0.0.1by default as opposed to
0.0.0.0for a local environment that is fully inaccessible to the outside world apart from using a proxy (such as Charles).
- Changed the default value
app(previously it would match the environment type)
- Added mount of
~/.warden/ssl/rootca/certs:/etc/ssl/warden-rootca-cert:roto each env type’s
php-debugcontainers to support FPM images appending this CA root to the trusted ca-bundle on container start
extra_hostsentry to set an entry in
php-debugcontainers pointing the project’s primary domain to the Traefik service IP address so
SoapClient(for example) may work inside a project’s FPM services
- Added FPM containers to the “warden” network so they’ll be able to route http requests to Traefik
- Changed Mutagen polling interval from 20 to 10 seconds
generateddirectory from exclusions in Mutagen sync configuration (having this ignored breaks ability to step into generated class files during Xdebug sessions)
- Fixed issue with Mutagen sync cofiguration causing
pub/static(and other files) to have incorrect permissions resulting in 404’ing static resources
- Fixed issue causing
warden envto break when run from a path which contained a space (issue #3)
- Removed exclusion of ‘node_modules’ from Mutagen sync for Magento 2 to avoid breaking Dotdigitalgroup_Email module in vendor directory (this module includes a node_modules dir pre-installed).
- Added ability on linux to prevent warden from touching dns configuration when
- Updated install routine to properly trust CA root on Ubuntu (previously warden install would simply fail)
- Updated DNS auto-configuration on linux systems to handle systemd-resolved usage.
- Fixed issue on Ubuntu where dnsmasq container would fail to bind to port 53.
- Fixed issue where lack of
~/.composerdir (resulting in creation by docker) can cause permissions error inside containers.
- Fixed issue with
bin/magento setup:installallowing it to pass permissions checks (#2 by fooman)
- Fixed issue where
env-initcommands failed to reset shell colors when printing error messages (issue #4)
warden shellcommand for easily dropping into the
php-fpmcontainer (container name is configurable for supporting “local” environment types)
dbcontainers for M1 and M2 environments to avoid imports or upgrade routines from failing on large packets.
php-debugto use custom images based on
centos:7as opposed to the
alpine3.9based official php-fpm images to avoid seg-faults when Source Guardian loader is installed alongside Xdebug.
- Fixed issue with DEFINER stripping in
db importallowing it to correctly strip from both TRIGGERS and ALGORITHM clauses.
- Fixed bug where ‘db’ commands broke due to template overhaul in 0.1.0 release.
- Changed the env type setup to automatically include additional configuration based on $OSTYPE.
- Changed the environment template structure to utilize per-OSTYPE docker-compose config additions where environments differ from one host OS to another (such as
magento2env type, which uses plain mounts on
linux-gnubut sync sessions on
- Fixed a few error messages so they won’t change shell text color permanently when they output.
- Fixed sync command to output error message when any sub-command is run on an env lacking a mutagen configuration.
- Added Xdebug support via additional
php-debugcontainer which Nginx routes to based on presence of
- Fixed Elasticsearch images used in Magento 2 environment templates and configured for lower overall memory utilization upon container start for a smaller env footprint.
- Added support for extending environment configuration on a per-project basis via
localenv type to support projects which do not conform to any of the templated environments suppoprted out-of-the-box
- Changed Traefik configuration to automatically use the warden docker network (eliminates need for
traefik.docker.network=wardenlabel on all proxied containers
- Changed Traefik configuration to require containers be explicitly enabled for Traefik via the label
- Changed docker-compose environment type templates to version 3.5 for better extendability in project override files
- Fixed bug where resolver setup on macOS would fail if
/etc/resolverdir was already present during install (#1 by fooman)
- Fixed issue with docker-compose exit codes would result in error messages from global trap
- Added auto-install of mutagen where not already present when any sync command is run
- Added support for WARDEN_WEB_ROOT env setting to publish a sub-dir into /var/www/html
- Changed images for php-fpm to use environment type specfic images from davidalger/warden repository
- Added “env” command for controlling docker based per-project environments (currently this simply passes all commands and arguments through to docker-compose).
- Added “env-init” to add
.envfile with Warden configuration to the current working directory.
- Added “sync” command with start/stop/list sub-commands for controlling per-project mutagen sessions.
- Added “db” command for connecting to mysql and importing databases into the db service.
- Added three environment types:
magento2-nativewith auto-selecting the correct M2 environment on Linux/macOS.
- Fixed dnsmasq setup on Linux (nameserver is now configured on Linux when NetworkManager service is active during install; tested on Fedora 29)
- Updated assertion to automatically execute “warden install” if installed metadata indicator is older than bin/warden.
- Fixed issue on Linux hosts where ssh_key.pub was unusable inside tunnel container due to bad permissions.