Welcome to Warden’s documentation!¶
Warden is a CLI utility for orchestrating Docker based developer environments, and enables multiple local environments to run simultaneously without port conflicts via the use of a few centrally run services for proxying requests into the correct environment’s containers.
Under the hood
docker-compose is used to to control everything which Warden runs (shared services as well as per-project containers) via the Docker Engine.
- Traefik for SSL termination and routing/proxying requests into the correct containers.
- Portainer for quick visibility into what’s running inside the local Docker host.
- Dnsmasq to serve DNS responses for
.testdomains eliminating manual editing of
- An SSH tunnel for connecting from Sequel Pro or TablePlus into any one of multiple running database containers.
- Warden issued wildcard SSL certificates for running https on all local development domains.
- Full support for Magento 1, Magento 2, Laravel, and custom project environment configurations on macOS and Linux.
- Installing Warden
- Global Services
- Warden Usage